Skin Rashes are unexpected and unpleasant occurrences in the skin which affects its appearance, color, texture making the skin to feel irritated or swollen. They may appear on a particular part of the body or spread throughout the entire body. At some point in your life, you might have encountered rashes wondering what actually went wrong for such to be found on your skin. Rashes do occur in different forms depending on the actual source which we will deal with shortly. This article is on home remedies for skin rashes
Causes of Skin Rashes
- Food allergies
- Prolonged exposure to heat
- Bacterial infection
- Viral infection
- Fungal infection
- bug bites
- Excessive skin rubbing
- An allergy to a medication
- Bee stings
- Prolonged exposure to moisture
- Latex allergy
- Parasitic infection
- Household chemicals-detergents, bleach, perfumes, lotion
- Prolonged exposure to sun
- Poison Ivy
Skin rashes of any type as given above are really no fun. Both the mild and serious forms of rashes are major pains to the body due to effect it comes with. They can be identified by some common features.
Symptoms of Skin Rashes
- Red or discolored bumps
- Thick and leathery skin patch
- Oozing crusty sores
- Scary or flaky skin
- Ring shaped
- Raised red welts
- Red blotches
Are those skin conditions too severe and unbearable? Has it lingered for quite too long? Have you bought all kinds of medications yet no result? Well, search no more because we came up with some amazing ways you can get rid of those skin rashes using natural and herbal remedies which has no side effects like drugs and are very accessible.
TOP NATURAL AND HOME REMEDIES FOR SKIN RASHES
- Olive Oil with Honey: Olive oil is rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants which serves as a natural moisturizer to the skin and promote healing and total renewal of the skin. Drop some honey into bottle of olive oil, shake together and use it as a cream on the affected area. This will definitely prevent the skin from itching.
- Pudina (Mint Leaves): this leaf is capable of soothing the skin burning sensation and swellings. Make a paste by crushing some fresh mint leaves, rub it on the skin, leave it for 30 minutes and rinse with clean water.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is one of the effective home remedies for skin rashes. This herb works wonder for the skin due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Extract fresh aloe-vera gel from the plant leaves, apply directed to the affected skin part, leave for 30 minutes and wash off with clean water. Repeat this for three times daily for a better result.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: this contains acetic acid that work against rashes causing bacteria and capable of soothing the itching. Dip a cotton-wool into an apple cider vinegar and use it to rub the skin. Wash off after 10 minutes and repeat this thrice daily for a fast relief.
- Baking Soda: skin inflammation due to allergies can be healed using baking soda. Mix baking soda with water and use it rub the affected skin. Wash off after 15 minutes and do twice daily.
- Lemon: Lemon is effective as one of the home remedies for skin rashes. Vitamin D is contained in lemon which makes it easier for curing skin rashes. Just apply lemon juice on the affected and allow it to dry. Then wash off with water thereafter.
- Sleeping with a Humidifier: this helps to moisturize a dry skin which is one the causes of skin rashes and it also has an added advantage by making your skin feeling younger.
- Soak in an Oatmeal Bath: this contains inflammation-quelling compounds, acts as humectants, moisturizes the skin hence provides relief for skin rashes. Add 1-2 cups of oatmeal to slightly warm water and leave it to soak for an hour. Then use the water to bath.
- Cool Compress Usage: this procedure is capable of eliminating the pains, red pumps and itchiness that comes with a skin allergy. Wrap a towel around a bowl of ice-cubes and apply gently for 10 minutes on the affected area. Allow the skin to rest for like 15 minutes before reapplying ice cubes for another 10 minutes. You can repeat are frequent as possible daily.
- Use of essential oils: oils like geranium, lavender and rose can be of tremendous help to the skin. It will gradually remove skin patches and reduces itching. Add 3 drops of lavender oil to ½ teaspoon of coconut oil and apply it the affected area. Do this three times daily.
While using any of the home remedies for skin rashes, avoid repeating some of the factors that can prompt or increases skin rashes. Avoid wearing tight clothes during treatment and avoid foods you are allergic to. Some skin rashes don’t magically disappear. Consistently apply your chosen option and the desired result will be achieved.