Stress is an instinctive natural response of the body to changes that are perceived as harmful by automatically unleashing a cascade of hormones enabling the ability to cope with the situation. Of a truth, it is an evil that can’t really be avoided as one goes on with daily and life activities. It can only be controlled so that it does not get to the stage of affecting one’s life with its effects. This article covers a lot about natural ways to relieve stress.
Causes of Stress
Stress can be caused by numerous factors but we will quickly state some of the most common causes of stress and these are:
- Money issue
- Improper working of the body system
- And lots more
Easier way for you to detect it in yourself or the lives of your loved one is through it’s symptoms. In that way, you will be quick to put it under control before it aggravates. Here are some of the things you might be experiencing if you are stressed.
Symptoms of Stress
- Muscle tension
- Chest pain
- Accident proneness
- Unnecessary anger
- Lack of motivation
- Inability to focus
- Social withdrawal
- Loss of appetite
- Avoiding responsibilities
- Increased use of alcohol
Severe stress can result to more serious medical conditions like- gastro-esophageal reflux disease, sexual dysfunction, high blood pressure, menstrual problems, gastritis, skin and hair problems, cancer, heart disease, obesity and lots more.
Natural ways to relieve stress is better due to its fewer side effects. Lucky enough, there are many herbal and natural remedies available to those suffering from stress.
Natural ways to relieve stress
- Using Epsom Salt: this is high in magnesium-helps in enhancing the production of mood- elevating serotonin chemicals in the brain. Hence Epsom salt is one of the very effective ways of relieving stress. A cup of Epson salt is mixed in addition to a few drops of essential oil to warm water. Water is stirred thoroughly until all salt has been completely dissolved. Leave to soak for 20 minutes and bath with the water. You can do this like twice in a week.
- Massage: body massage enhances skeletal muscle relaxation and increased proper blood circulation thereby making it one of the ways of relieving stress. Massage the body with warm oil like the coconut oil or olive oil. Then bath with warm water. Massage as frequently as needed.
- Taking of Magnesium: reduce level of magnesium in the body causes stress coupled with migraines. You can boost your daily intake of magnesium by eating foods like beans, nuts, seeds, vegetables, meats, chocolates, whole grains. Etc.
- Stay hydrated: drink more enough water at least 8 glasses daily. The body can also be hydrated by taking fruits and vegetables. Avoid replacing water with these headache promoters: coffee, sugary drinks, alcohol etc.
- Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary): this herb has antispasmodic, antioxidant and antimicrobial. It has the abilities to relief stress. Rosemary can be consumed by- inhaling its diluted oil, adding the grounded dried leaves to tea, tinctures or taking the extracted liquid.
- Use Coriander seed: this plant seed contains anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce pressures, headache and other ailments. You can take this by pouring hot water the fresh seeds and inhale the stem. Chew the seed or add it to foods. This is one of the natural ways to relieve stress.
- Avoid foods you are allergic to: all food might not go well with your body. When you noticed you are stress, avoiding food allergies will be of tremendous help. When you feel better, you can gradually introduce the food paying much attention to your body changes. These will enables you determine how much quantity of the food is okay for you without causing any allergy.
- Kava Root: this herbal supplement is known as one of the best supplements of treating stress and it has calming effect properties. Kava can be taken as a concentrated extract in capsule or tablet form. If the taste can be ignored, it serves better taking the liquid extract from the root.
- Exercise: exercising releases endorphin chemicals in the brain and this act as mood-lifters. 40 minutes of exercise daily makes one feel at ease, calm and reduces depression. Exercise is one of the most effective natural ways to relieve stress.
- Devotional Prayer/Meditation: these stress relievers methods have been so helpful in dealing with worries and anxiety. It improves one’s well being, improve mental alertness and offers peace of mind as the activities lower physiological stress responses.
In order to avoid the effects that come with stress, endeavor to be on the safe side by intentionally avoiding being stressed up. Work, eat, relate and sleep wisely and practice natural ways to relieve stress.